Wednesday, October 8, 2008

seeing her

Leon was thinking of Drex. Maybe they could pick up where they left off. Only, they'd need to get a room, wouldn't they?

He was out in the plaza, thinking of smoking a cigarette when Cher waved to him. He felt indifferent now. Cold even. He looked away as if he didn't see her. When he turned back, he saw her coming toward him then.

Leon put his cigarette behind his ear and shoved his hands in his pocket and walked on without a second thought.

"Hey," Cher grabbed is arm then. "Whats with the cold shoulder?"

"Nothing." He chewed at the inside of his cheek. Really, he had nothing to add to that.

"I could meet you in your room in thirty. I think Lux has this work shop she's at all day. Something about buying for Macy's I think. So we could have the whole afternoon to ourselves." She smiled as if he should know what was on her mind. He could hardly bare to look at her.

"I don't think so." He shrugged.

"I want to see you." She looked hurt. He didn't care.

"Sorry," Leon scratched the back of his head. "I've got too much to do."

"When have you ever had too much to do?" Cher cracked up, looking at him as if she was figuring it out, the equation now. "There's someone else, isn't there?"

"No." Leon sighed. "Aren't you suppose to be with Drex, anyway?"

"So this is what it's about." Cher gave a little scowl. "Look, what if you, me and Drex did something together."

"Something?" He wasn't sure what that was about.

"Didn't you say that to him. We could all go out to dinner and a movie."

"I did?" No, this could not be his idea. Really. "I don't remember."

"He mentioned something about it to me." She kept staring as if maybe he'd come around. Change his mind about the afternoon.

"He mentioned me?" Leon remained even lipped. Still cold. He gritted his teeth slightly.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"I guess I forgot." Leon tossed his head back a bit and looked away. What he really needed was to see Drex now. Not this with Cher.

"I'll let you know, all right."

Leon gave her a slight nod and walked away then, getting his cell to call Drex.

3 comments:

Cait said...

things have definitely changed..evidently.

Justkyut said...

O-oh... I think Cher will find out eventually...

Yep that banana seat is comfy. We had that seat restored too =)

autumn said...

i agree with cait. lol. somehow, i like that part of that story. *grins*